Little Kaitlyn Lyndie finally decided to make her appearance, on her own and on HER schedule. Labor started in the early evening Thursday night with my contractions not much worse but feeling them more in my back. By the next day they were getting a bit stronger and much more in my back. As I was getting ready to head to the doctor's office, I called Kevin asking him to come home around lunch time, I wasn't feeling all that great and chasing Natalie around wasn't getting much easier as the day wore on. I was trying to be optimistic going into my appointment, but I was sure I hadn't progressed and we were on our way to an induction.
As I was sitting in the doctor's office my contractions were now getting much more annoying but I could still talk and walk thru them. Within about 45 minutes I had to stop walking when they came on strong, by this time the doctor was in the room ready to check me. Much to my surprise I was in labor! I was 5 cm dilated and about 60% effaced and zero station! We were on our way...now the decision to go home and get stuff and try to make it all the way down to Carmichael to Mercy San Juan or to go straight to Sutter Roseville.
By this time I could hardly talk thru the contractions so we decided I would go walk around a bit, try to dilate a little more and then head around the corner to Sutter Rosevile. This way it was guaranteed my doctor would deliver AND I wouldn't deliver some where on the side of I-80.
My IV was placed around 1:30 pm, my doctor broke my bag shortly after that and then things really got moving. Around 2:50 pm I was about 7 cm and was close to convincing myself I should get an epidural. Thank GOD my doctor had so much faith in me and my decision to try and have a drug free delivery. She said to give it another 1/2 hour, she would come check me again and then see where we were. Needless to say 20 minutes later I had tons of pressure, she checked me, I was about 9 cm with just some lip of cervix left.
It only took about 3 contractions and some good pushing and Kaitlyn came out screaming, vigorous and ready for life outside my belly!
We only stayed about 24 hours since we were both doing so well. It is great to be home and things are starting to get back on track. Natalie has adjusted well, she is a great little helper and loves her little sister so much. Kaitlyn is the first thing she asks for in the morning.
As I was sitting in the doctor's office my contractions were now getting much more annoying but I could still talk and walk thru them. Within about 45 minutes I had to stop walking when they came on strong, by this time the doctor was in the room ready to check me. Much to my surprise I was in labor! I was 5 cm dilated and about 60% effaced and zero station! We were on our way...now the decision to go home and get stuff and try to make it all the way down to Carmichael to Mercy San Juan or to go straight to Sutter Roseville.
By this time I could hardly talk thru the contractions so we decided I would go walk around a bit, try to dilate a little more and then head around the corner to Sutter Rosevile. This way it was guaranteed my doctor would deliver AND I wouldn't deliver some where on the side of I-80.
My IV was placed around 1:30 pm, my doctor broke my bag shortly after that and then things really got moving. Around 2:50 pm I was about 7 cm and was close to convincing myself I should get an epidural. Thank GOD my doctor had so much faith in me and my decision to try and have a drug free delivery. She said to give it another 1/2 hour, she would come check me again and then see where we were. Needless to say 20 minutes later I had tons of pressure, she checked me, I was about 9 cm with just some lip of cervix left.
It only took about 3 contractions and some good pushing and Kaitlyn came out screaming, vigorous and ready for life outside my belly!
We only stayed about 24 hours since we were both doing so well. It is great to be home and things are starting to get back on track. Natalie has adjusted well, she is a great little helper and loves her little sister so much. Kaitlyn is the first thing she asks for in the morning.







1 comment:
What a story! What an adventure! Can't believe you actually went to the doctor's office!
Post a Comment