Monday, April 28, 2008

Mr. T

Today I found a turtle that was a little lost (he was on the other side of our fence, coming out of the blackberry bushes). I was able to reach under the fence and bring him up to the house. I filled up the girls sand/water table with a little water while I figured out what I was going to do with him. While I was on the phone he managed to get out, fall to the ground and was about to commit suicide over our deck when I saved him and put him into a box that was a little bit taller.

Since we weren't looking for a pet turtle at the moment we decided it was best if he went back to his home. We didn't really know where his home actually was so we took him next door to the Bovee's pond. As we placed him in the pond he looked rather happy to be joining his other turtle friend that hangs out there. Hopefully we will see him again some day sunning himself on a rock or swimming with his new duck friends.











These are the "little" ducks from Easter, so far they are liking their new home.

No comments: