Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fairy Tale Town and the Zoo

Today we went to William Land Park in Sacramento for a patient reunion get together. It gives our cardiac patients a chance to come and see all the folks that cared for them during their stay. The girls were ready to run and did they ever! I think they went non-stop the entire time.



Natalie going down Old Mother Hubbards Shoe.


The girls walking the crooked mile. Natalie of course led the entire way. Kaitlyn loved running after her and calling "Na-yee", both laughing the whole way.





"I am a beautiful butterfly"


Farmer Natalie


"Cinderella"


Dropping money into the wishing stream.


Natalie couldn't wait to take her picture as a zookeeper (we must have 3 others of her at varying ages from other visits). As she is walking towards the "zookeeper" she states "Being a zookeeper is hard work, mom". Where does she get this stuff?


I had to include a picture of a lemur. Natalie has not liked lemurs for as long as she has had them in her nature magazines. When I told her that the zoo had lemurs she got this surprised look on her face and said "oh, but aren't they mean?". I told her that she would now have a chance to see a real lemur and see that they weren't mean. She couldn't get enough and we stayed to look at them for quite a while. She especially liked how they were cleaning each other (she had to tell everyone that came by, "look they are giving each other a bath") and then this one on the end of the bench got up from his nap, stretched and started right at her. She thought it was the greatest!

No comments: