Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bishop's Pumpkin Farm

Natalie has, for weeks now, been observing the changing of the leaves in our yard. "Look Mom, the leaves are changing to red and orange....it must be fall....time to go to the pumpkin patch". So, yesterday the three of us took a trip to Wheatland and Bishop's Pumpkin Farm. It is pretty much an annual trip now that was started back when Natalie was less than a year old.





As a nurse, a pediatric one at that, I am super paranoid about petting zoo's. For those of you that don't know, petting zoo's are infamous for giving kids salmonella, that can then cause a life-threatening disease, HUS. And having a child who is constantly sucking on her two middle fingers, I am that much more paranoid.

I am sorry for all the goat pictures, but they are all so cute and I couldn't choose just a few! Kaitlyn LOVED this little black goat. He was so sweet and didn't mind Kaitlyn loving all over him. He knew that some baby carrots and goat feed were soon to follow!!









This brown goat harasses us every year, she is very bossy (she butts the other little goats away) and steals food right out of your hand. I was telling it to "go away" and soon Kaitlyn was saying the same thing, waving her hands and telling it to "go away", just like she does to Hannah when Hannah is trying to steal her food!





Here Kaitlyn is pointing at the bossy goat and telling her to "go away".













I think Natalie went down this slide about 50 times. What a difference from last year....now she just marches right up the stairs, gets on the slide and zips down!


















Can you tell it is waaaaaay past her nap time?
Zoneing out on the hayride to the pumpkin patch.







No comments: