Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy First Birthday!!

I can't believe a year has gone by!  The sleepless nights are far behind us as well as the days of leaving stuff in your reach!  You are curious about everything and I love to watch your wheels turn as you explore the yard outside our back door.  You LOVE your Daddy.  And your sisters.  Dad is one of your favorite words.  "Dog".  And "bath" too.  You know where your tongue is.  And your tummy.  You try to say "Natalie" and "turtle".  Happy when you wake up and happy when you go to bed!

You are a brute.  Tackling kids at school (big hugs, right?!?) and giving "love taps".  You are a good little helper.  Pulling things out of your mouth that shouldn't be there.  Pulling things out of the dishwasher and all the drawers in the kitchen!  Opening and closing doors, cupboards, even the microwave oven is fun!

Wheels.  You love wheels!  You love to spin, stop and push anything with wheels!  Lots of walking going on now.  You can go across the entire living room with out falling!

I love that you give hugs and kisses.  And how you snuggle under my chin and suck your thumb when you are tired and ready for bed.   You love your blanket.  And throw EVERYTHING out of your crib when you wake up.  You are like a little monkey when I hold you.  Grabbing onto my shirt on my left shoulder with your big, little hand.

This year has been so much fun!  I can't wait to see what the next year will bring!  We love you!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

What a happy little sweetheart you are Oliver! Happy first birthday!